The International Federation of Red Cross
is looking for a policy intern. The policy intern will support the Policy and Diplomacy Unit to ensure a strategic, coordinated, consultative and results-based approach to the IFRC's policy and positioning, internally and externally.Qualifications:
- education: enrollment or completion in an advanced university degree (master's or equivalent) in international development, law, or related field;
- work or volunteer experience in a local humanitarian organisation or governmental emergency management position from the global South desirable;
- strong knowledge of the humanitarian sector and its mechanisms and challenges;
- strong research and communication skills;
- proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality;
- ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment;
- fluent written and spoken English;
- values: respect for diversity, integrity, professionalism, accountability.
Apply for a position.
- developing and maintaining a humanitarian sector wide online platform for localization;
- organization of global localization workstream meetings, inter-agency missions and field pilots, including conceptual development, communications and administrative issues research on issues related to localization in the areas of financing, partnership, capacity strengthening and coordination;
- communications with current and potential stakeholders in the localization process.