An international independent medical humanitarian organisation Médecins Sans Frontières
(«Врачи без границ») is looking for a Press Officer.
Médecins Sans Frontières brings medical humanitarian assistance to victims of conflict, natural disasters, epidemics or healthcare exclusion.Requirements:
- degree in Journalism, Communications or related university degree is essential;
- previous working experience of at least 2 years in communications, journalism or public relations in the country. Essential: previous working experience in dealing with media in Russia;
- russian to the level of a mother tongue. Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- excellent writing skills. Thorough knowledge of traditional media and good understanding of social media. Good networking and media relations skills. Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet);
- outgoing personality, good balance between initiative and working in a team.
- Promotes MSF's institutional profile in key Russian media:
- distributes and shares MSF press releases to key journalists;
- ensures all press-releases are available on the MSF Russian-language website;
- develops and maintains professional relations with media based in Russia;
- assists in organising visits for foreign media to MSF projects in Russia;
- ensures MSF's brand values are accurately represented in our media work;
- drafts press releases if necessary.
- handles enquiries from journalists based in Russia or reporting for Russian media abroad;
- takes part in 24/7 media on-call rota.
- Media Monitoring and analysis:
- prepares and circulates daily media monitoring;
- assists the Head of Communications with Media analysis;
- provides regular reporting on media pick up of MSF communications outputs;
- keeps media lists updated ensuring open access to other members of the Communications team;
- works with MSF network to map key Russian media overseas, as well as key international media based in Moscow.
- Planning and development:
- proposes strategies to improve the communication of MSF's humanitarian and medical activi-ties and positions in Russian-language media;
- identifies opportunities and risks for MSF to communicate publicly on issues and flags them to the Head of Communications;
- assists the Head of Communications in developing media plans that support the overarching communications strategy.
- provides media and communications support to public engagement events organised by MSF in Russia and the Russian-speaking audience on request;
- identifies opportunities to use Russian staff stories in Russian media.Conditions:
- full-time employment, office in the center of Moscow;
- competitive salary, annual loyalty bonus;
- employment according to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation;
- 5 weeks (25 working days) annual holidays per year;
- medical insurance after probation period;
- internal international trainings.